Goondiwindi Race Club homepage


Tue 28 May 2024

The Goondiwindi Race Club is all ready for Saturday’s Jeff Hannaford Inglewood Cup, Goondiwindi Industrial Suppliers, Hoteliers and Retailers Race Day. Nominations are exceptional with the possibility of 6 races.

The only concerning factor is the predicted rain for Saturday morning.  The predictions are not always right but there is a massive band of cloud working its way West to East and early predictions are it may start 1am Saturday morning and continue through the day with up to 25 or even 40mm of rain which would make the day unraceable.  

In preparation of the possible rain arriving, the Club will conduct a track inspection at 6am Saturday morning and make an assessment for the day. If deemed unraceable, the meeting will be transferred to a future date, hopefully Saturday June 29. If unraceable, there will not be a phantom meeting. 

Ther is no alternative process as it would be foolish to cancel the races on a prediction so by 6.30am Saturday, we will all know the future.

We can’t do much about the weather but we can make plans to allow for it. Details will be available on Goondiwindi Race Club website and Facebook page as soon as a decision is made. A good crowd is expected with 25 Business of Goondiwindi joining Jeff Hannaford in a major sponsorship event. It is annoying as the grounds are in immaculate condition and the track perfect for racing.

Hope to see you all Saturday at Gunsynd Park for Racing at its Best in the West